Carrie P. Trotter
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Estate Planning
- Corporations/Business Law
Carrie Trotter serves as the firm’s managing partner. She oversees the daily operations of the office, including the financial management and professional development of the firm. She embraces new technologies and methodologies to power the growth and development of the firm, keep the firm’s clients and information more secure, and streamline the practice. She is dedicated to providing exceptional client service and works to ensure that the firm provides its clients with incomparable service.
Carrie focuses her practice primarily on estate planning and probate matters, as well as IRC Section 1031 qualified exchanges, business organization and general corporate matters.
In her estate planning practice, Carrie assists clients with all documents necessary to have a comprehensive and effective estate plan in place when the time comes. Whether drafting a trust or a simple Last Will and Testament, Carrie pours her experience and attention into every detail for her clients and their families, making sure essentially every possibility is considered. Her primary goal is to make the daunting tasks of estate planning as easy as possible.
In Carrie’s probate practice, she helps clients throughout the probate process, whether that requires probating a loved one’s Last Will and Testament, administering the estate of a loved one who does not leave a Last Will and Testament, or applying for guardianship and conservatorship of a loved one while they are still living. Carrie and her staff walk clients through each stage of the process and do their best to alleviate the heartache that comes with this stage of life. Ms. Trotter also serves as the County Administrator and County Conservator for Bartow County and Paulding County, assisting with cases assigned to her by Judge Barry Greene and Judge Angela Woodall.
Carrie is a native of Cartersville, Georgia, graduating from Cartersville High School. She attended and graduated from The University of Georgia with a B.A. in English. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, earing her J.D. from Georgia State University College of Law in 2009.
Carrie currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the BLESS Coalition, Advocates for Children, and the Cartersville-Bartow Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia. She also serves as a member of the Capital Campaign Steering Committee for Advocates for Children. Carrie lives in Marietta with her two daughters and a couple of cats.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate - 2009
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Major: English
- Georgia, 2009
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, Class of 2011
- Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Executive Council Northern District Representative, 2011 to 2013
- Cartersville-Bartow Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia, Member of the Board of Directors , 2019 to Present
- BLESS Coalition , Member of the Board of Directors , 2018 to Present
- Capital Campaign Steering Committee for Advocates for Children , Member, 2021 to Present